Sunday, October 20, 2013

Basic Background

I thought before I get into the meat and potatoes, I would give you the 411 on me and my partner. For blog world sake we'll call me Amee Eggo and my husband Hal Eggo. Me: 30, (well in a month) high school teacher, no obvious medical issues, (seriously, not even a cavity) only child. Hal: 36, dispatcher, only medical issue is a slightly elevated blood pressure for which he is medicated, has 4 siblings. Neither of us drink, smoke, use drugs (ok twice last year but what's a little pot between friends?) We live in Texas. We have been married for almost 12 years. Parents to 1 fur baby, Emily our 11 year old chihuahua. And a rather feisty dart frog named Fedora. We run, eat healthy, take vitamins, and get to bed at a reasonable time. We have been TTC (trying to conceive) for 18 months.
Fertility issues...Hal: none! The first sperm analysis done said he had low morphology (weird shaped little suckers). After a second test was done our RE (reproductive endocrinologist) said this wasn't a concern. After months of worry, we find out this isn't a concern. Sheesh, I needed another straw added on my back here. Thanks a lot first doc.
Me: anovulation (I don't ovulate on my own) There are other issues, but I'll save that for tomorrow's post as I am fading fast here dear reader.
We tried the natural method for a couple of months but decided we needed some help.
Tomorrow....the long road paved with white coats.
Good night dear reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment